Did you see the Ultimate Campsite Packing Gear Guide? On the subject of tenting and glamping, I wish to plan out as a lot as attainable to make the expertise much less traumatic and permit myself to be extra within the second moderately than scrambling…as a result of I forgot to pack one thing.
That stated, I additionally wish to plan out meals so we don’t convey an excessive amount of and now we have satisfactory area for any perishable gadgets!
Heads up, this checklist is for 2 folks over the span of a 2-night weekend journey—so in case you’ve obtained extra of us becoming a member of you, it’s possible you’ll need to double the required components.
Right here is my tenting meal plan + packing checklist!
The Meal Plan
On the subject of tenting, I need no-fuss meals that remind me of tenting as a child. So enter the cheeseburgers, pancakes, pizza, and s’mores galore!
For probably the most half, we usually eat just about plant-based. This works effectively for tenting as a number of the vegan goodies don’t spoil as rapidly as non and might keep out a bit longer.
In case you desire non-vegan gadgets, be sure that your perishables will keep on the proper temp to forestall them from going again!
Packing Checklist and Meal Planning
After working up an urge for food with enjoyable and video games, you’ll desire a meal match for an UNO queen. And there’s nothing higher than making traditional campfire consolation meals then lingering over an extended meal.
For me, it’s all about easy and wholesome fixes. Right here’s what I all the time convey with me together with a pattern two-night menu.
These are the fundamentals that I maintain saved in my cub packs.
- Organic Hot Cocoa Powder
- Popcorn Kernels: Overlook film theatre popcorn! It’s all in regards to the campfire popcorn.
- Condiments: Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Nutritional Yeast (for popcorn), Honey, Sugar, Maple Syrup, Chili Flakes, Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil for Cooking (provided that you’ll have temp management)
- Vegetable Oil for Popcorn
- Truffle Oil for Popcorn and Eggs
- Ground Coffee (maintain in an hermetic container)
- Tea Bags
- 5.3-gallon Drinking Water: We all the time re-use the containers and refill domestically. Usually, that is sufficient for 2 folks ingesting and cooking. BUT in case you don’t have a water supply at your campsite, contemplate bringing extra for laundry dishes.
- Rusks: These dry biscuits/twice-baked breads are a preferred sort of South African biscotti. Persons are loopy for rusks in South Africa and I’ve positively taken to them. Whereas they’re technically perishable, they final nearly ceaselessly.
Sausage Rolls/Scorching Canines:
We purchase pre-made refrigerated pizzas from our native retailer however you possibly can convey all of the components and even bake from recent dough with the COBB pizza stone, Salad for a Aspect Dish
Egg Croissant Sandwich:
Snacks + Drinks:
Kitchen + Cooking Necessities
While you’re most likely used to all the time having a backstock of meals, it’s important to make sure you don’t convey too little or an excessive amount of if you end up tenting.
We journey with a Jetboil Mini Mo and a Cobb grill, it’s good to have the choice of a fast single burner if we’re simply heating up a bit little bit of water or one thing small. However we completely love the Cobb for full meals and use it for just about each single meal.
Our Stovetop (1-2 folks):
Our stuff is geared towards cooking for one to 2 folks. Right here’s what we use:
Stovetop Possibility 2 (3+ folks):
In case you are inclined to journey in a bigger group, go for one thing a bit greater:
Coal Cooking (For Any Quantity of Individuals):
- Cobb: We love this for an excellent quaint BBQ!
- Cobb Coal: Go for the eco-friendly choice that matches right into a cobb
- Pizza Stone for Cobb: Whereas Italian wood-fired pizza is nice, that is my new fave.
- Cobb Cutting Board: Bamboo retains issues hygienic and you should utilize it as a serving board too.
Extra Cooking Objects:
Each true espresso lover is aware of that almost all of us have a espresso prep methodology very close to and expensive to our hearts. You’ll have just a few good high quality choices when you’re tenting. And, fortunately, the Jetboil will boil water tremendous rapidly so that you don’t want an enormous pot, even in case you’re brewing for just a few folks.
Listed here are just a few good choices for brewing espresso:
And there you could have it, of us, that is what I wish to pack when going tenting. Who doesn’t love pizza and popcorn?
What else would you make on a weekend tenting journey? Let me know within the feedback under!
And for the total tenting setup—try the Ultimate Campsite Packing Gear Guide right here!